The One Lovely Blog Award.
Darling Simoa from Champagne for Lunch has nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award! Thank you to Simoa for giving me my first one of these! And to my readers, please go check out her blog. It's pretty wonderful.
The rules for this award are as follows:
1. Write a blog post accepting your nomination.
2. Show the blogger who nominated you how much you love them by thanking them in the post and linking to their blog.
3. Tell us seven things about yourself.
4. Nominate other blogs that you love.
5. Let the bloggers you’ve nominated know about they’ve received an award.
6. Post the rules again to let those bloggers know how it works.
For my past two Liebster Awards, I've been avoiding nominating other blogs because I hardly ever get a response, but let's give it a go this time with some bloggers I have never nominated before:
And now for the seven things about myself:
1. I recently decided to apply to grad school to go for my Master's degree. I'm already exhausted.
2. Why am I getting my Master's? When I came back from my trip abroad this summer, it became clear to me that I would really like to become a film professor. Obviously, I love talking about old movies and film history is my biggest passion, so teaching others about it is super exciting to me. I can finally create my own syllabus! (That might be the nerdiest thing I've ever said.)
3. While I was in Prague this summer, I got to visit with fellow blogger Virginie while she was vacationing there! It was really cool to actually meet.
4. Aside from becoming a professor, my biggest goal is to write a book about Esther Williams. I want it to be a critical look at her filmography and how her career was a reflection of the culture and Hollywood in general. I feel like (almost) no one takes Esther seriously and that's a damn shame.
5. Working on a presentation over Breakfast at Tiffany's last year, I got into a fight with my partner because I called Holly Golightly a call girl and he disagreed. I'm going to say I won, although I'm pretty sure it was a draw.
6. I saw Bye Bye Birdie on the big screen today! And on Wednesday, I'm going to see Young Frankenstein! Whoooo!
7. I know I've mentioned this on my blog before, but I'm honestly still over the moon about it. Four years ago, I sent out a bunch of letters to different stars. I only got two responses, but they're among my most prized possessions. Dick Van Dyke and Leslie Caron, you're the best!
Thanks again, Simoa, and congrats to my fellow nominees!